Future Forests Petition
Whereas we believe that:
- Logging is important to the economy of Port Alberni
- Sustainable forest management is crucial to ensuring the longevity of the forest industry and forest jobs
- Old growth is of particular value due to the ecological significance and biodiversity that it supports
- Tourism from old growth is a large part of our provincial and regional economy
We call on Island Timberlands to:
- Immediately cease logging the sensitive intact old growth areas of McLaughlin Ridge, Cameron Valley Firebreak, and Mount Horne.
- Re-instate CSA, or even FSC, certification across all Island Timberlands lands.
- Engage in ongoing, meaningful consultation with stakeholder groups through formal dialogue and regular, monthly meetings.
Sign the online Petition here